Friday, May 20, 2011

The Early Years: 1804-1829

In January 2009, Fred Brown sent me a copy of the Sketch of the Life of Robert Ball Hughes by Mrs. E. Ball Hughes. At the time, he said that it should keep me busy for a year. Well, it’s been over two years and I still have not published the entire manuscript on the website.

It's proved to be a treasure-trove of information that was previously unknown. I have added many facts and quotes from Eliza’s journal throughout the website where it added to our understanding of the events.

My goal for 2011 is to publish the entire journal in monthly installments. Please see The Early Years: 1804-1829 on RobertBallHughes.com for the first monthly installment. It has some exciting information that has never been published before about the reason Robert Ball Hughes came to America and why he considered returning to England a few months after his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment